Consider an area where you can relax, work out, and also tan your body. Just don’t imagine that we have three facilities because Planet Fitness tanning beds have all three in one location. Planet fitness is a gymnasium with a variety of exercise equipment.
Planet Fitness deals with more than just athletic facilities. The focus is on well-being and beauty. Planet Fitness offers tanning booths, tanning beds, hydro massage chairs, total body enhancement booths, and a variety of spa services. Under this Planet Fitness Tanning Review, I will review the tanning facilities at Planet Fitness!
Throughout the year, Planet Fitness tanning beds are known for their sufficient supply of UV heat to give customers a nice tan. You are guaranteed to experience some cosmetic benefits, which are essential for tanning your skin.
The Black Card Membership Program
Planet Fitness Black Card costs $22.99 a month. PF Black Card members enjoy many benefits. Black card pricing varies by branch.
The Benefits of Getting a Black Card
- With your Black card, you’ll have access to 2000+ Planet Fitness locations worldwide.
- If you choose to exert and tan, you can invite your friends and family as guests.
- Guest can use exertion space, massage chairs, hydro massage, tanning booths and tanning beds, and alternative spa facilities.
- You can buy soft drinks for 0.5 of the market price from them.
Do Planet Fitness Tannings Beds Work?
Tanning at Planet Fitness is similar to tanning at a tanning salon. You can use the tanning equipment whenever you like with your Black Card membership.
Spray Tan booths are usually posted with the times they can be used in the booth area.
On the other hand, tanning beds are available whenever the branch is open. If the branch is open 24 hours a day, you can go at any time. The tanning beds have a time limit.
Planet Fitness tanning equipment comes with several rules you should be aware of. Some of these include:
- You use tanning beds at your own risk. Skin cancer can be caused by indoor tanning. It’s important to be aware of how long you spend inside. Tan sessions are limited to 15 minutes.
- Clients are rarely guided in using the beds, nor is anyone paying attention to who is next in line. You’ll need to wait in line. You should be respectful of your fellow gym-goers.
- Make sure the tanning bed is clean before using it. A cleaning solution and paper towels should be available near the tanning beds. Before using the bed, let it dry completely. You’ll need to wait until that person is finished cleaning the beds in some branches.
- Branches have different tanning systems. There may be tanning beds or tanning booths available. Many may also have spray tan tents that you can use to get a tan.
- You should follow the Planet Fitness dress code. You may wish to wear different clothes for tanning than for working out. In the locker rooms, you can change.
Planet Fitness encourages clients to use the equipment on their own. Ask the staff or a trainer for help if you need help or if you can’t figure out how to use the equipment.
Planet Fitness Offers Tanning Equipment
PF offers a variety of tanning devices, with variations between branches. Below is a list of tanning devices:
- Laydown tanning beds
- Stand-up tanning beds
- Spray tan booths
1) Laydown Tanning Beds
With a laydown tanning bed, you can relax and tan while lying down. When people come to Planet fitness, they also want the same traditional-style bed. A tanning bed session lasts only 15 minutes. On laydown tanning beds, pressure points, and intense bed lights provide a sense of relaxation. In tanning beds, these pressure points prevent direct contact with UV rays.
A drawback of pressure points in the bed is that it causes tanning creases. To avoid these problems, change positions frequently.
2) Stand-up Tanning Beds
The stand-up tanning beds at Planet Fitness are more like workout sessions than relaxing sessions. In general, people prefer to lay down tanning beds to stand up tanning beds because they want to relax rather than work out. Sessions on the stand-up tanning beds last between 10-15 minutes. The lights are brighter. Reflectors make the process easy. In stand-up tanning beds, tanning is more intense, according to many people. UV light is exposed to the skin, but there are no pressure points.
3) Spray Tan Booths
Spray tanning booths provide a perfect finishing tan. It releases DHA, which is absorbed by the skin and makes it look darker. Sometimes offer airbrushing enclosures. Spray tan booth tanning is healthier than tanning beds, but you should be aware not to consume the spray tan solution. Spray tan booth voice commands directly you to stand in the middle of the booth and face the specified directions. Typically, tanning takes 3-5 minutes to complete.
Pros Of Planet Fitness Tanning Beds
For the entire session, tanning beds offer you a calm and serene environment. Along with helping you improve your appearance, these beds give you every reason to completely relax and unwind. Every time you get into bed, you are taken on an extremely soothing adventure. Moreover, they filter out any unnecessary noise so you can relax uninterrupted. Plugin your favorite music to spice up the fun in bed!
2) Tanned Skin
Tanning your skin is the main benefit of using a tanning bed. Any imperfections on the skin will be hidden by tanned skin. Enhances your posture and confidence, making interacting with others easier. The majority of people who use this bed believe that tanned skin is attractive, and it enhances their beauty as well as general appearance. Your complexion will blend naturally if you have tanned skin without specific differences from one part of your body to another.
3) Vitamin D
The average adult/person spends most of their time indoors, minimizing their chances of coming into contact with the sun. The primary source of vitamin D is direct sunlight and heat, which is essential for the development of specific body parts. A lack of vitamin D may result in thin, soft, brittle, or misshapen bones. Calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood are maintained by a sufficient supply of Vitamin D. Due to the nature of your work, you may not have access to the direct sun. In such cases, you can spend at least 15 minutes daily on a tanning bed.
4) Treating Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a disease that speeds up the life cycle of skin cells. This condition causes new skin cells to form red patches and scales on the surface of your skin. Scales are often painful and itchy. You will be restless. While it is a chronic condition, it comes and goes naturally, but usually requires the attention of a dermatologist. Lack of sufficient light therapy is a common cause of this condition. Thus, by using a tanning bed as a form of light therapy, you can prevent the condition from affecting your skin. It is Essence if you already have psoriasis
- 21 Best Tan Accelerator For Outdoor Tanning
- 14 Best Indoor Tanning Lotions For Fair Skin
- 9 Best Tanning Lotion For Stretch Marks
Cons Of Planet Fitness Tanning Beds
1) Premature Aging
Tanning beds are used to enhance body beauty and improve general appearance, but the downside is that they speed up the aging process. Spending more time in bed results in a loss of skin elasticity, which in turn causes wrinkles.
Moreover, the UV rays present in tanning beds can cause eye problems such as photo conjunctivitis and cataracts. Further, regular use exposes your skin to an excessive amount of UV, which may lower immunity.
2) Risk of Cancer
Cancer is a deadly disease, and it can strike anybody from any angle. It has been proven, however, that people who tend to tan in tan beds have a higher risk of contracting skin cancer than those who don’t tan indoors.
The sun is not the primary source of light for tanning beds. However, that does not mean that your skin will not be burned in the same way that it is by direct sunlight. You should be prepared to deal with allergic reactions and tones of burns due to UV rays if your skin is fair or sensitive.(Read More about Tanning Bed Rash)
4) Skin Dryness
Those with oily skin might find tanning beds helpful as it reduces the amount of oil on their skin. However, if you have dry skin, tanning beds are not for you. UV radiation dries your skin from oil, making it prone to wrinkles and other cosmetic conditions.
Here are some safety tips to follow at Planet Fitness
- Whether you choose a tanning bed or a spray tanning booth, the most important factor is to protect the skin from excessive UV exposure.
- To know how much UV rays your skin can withstand and when to use tanning booths and beds, know your skin type.
- Before tanning, always wear eye protection. Don’t expose your eyes directly to UV rays. You can protect your eyes by wearing UV protective glasses.
- Don’t expose your skin to tanning blindly, keep an eye on the time of the session.
- If you have a black card membership, you should avoid tanning every day even if you have unlimited access to Planet Fitness. You will find yourself damaging your skin.
Planet Fitness Tanning beds: Is it worth it?
It all depends on you and your expectations. If you use any method of tanning, the final result will be similar to what you expect. With all the risks of tanning beds, it may not be the best choice to achieve a tan complexion. Use these alternatives instead of exposing your skin to such high risks.
Planet Fitness offers tanning services in many of its branches to all Black Card members. They provide different types of machines that can be used for tanning. You must put safety first if you plan to use them. At first glance, indoor tanning seems so great, but it has risks that you shouldn’t ignore.
You can use lots of other equipment with your Black Card membership at Planet Fitness, not just tanning beds. Don’t forget to use them too, so you can get the most out of your membership.