We all want that bronzed look in the summer, which is why for many of us, spray tanning is a must. But if you’re fair-skinned like me, there’s no need to go out in the sun to get dark; you can use this simple spray tanning regimen at home (make sure your hair will be out of the way when you do this).
Here Are Some Spray Tan Tips For Pale Skin
- Take a shower. Before getting started on any self-tanner routine, it’s always best to make sure your body is free from dirt and grime before applying chemicals. This ensures an even application and removal later on.
- Apply exfoliator or lotion to rough areas such as heels, elbows, knees, and ankles. These parts of your body can get dark first and look spotted if not exfoliated.
- Apply an even coat of lotion or oil to your entire body, paying special attention to the knees and ankles. Try not to miss any part of the skin; there’s no way to be sure you have covered every inch with spray tanner if you miss parts of the skin. This ensures an even application later on.
- Put on a swimsuit or underwear so you can easily take off any excess spray tanning solution that gets on non-tan areas, which is very easy to do with this method because it involves everything being bare except for one leg/arm/etc. This also saves clothing from being sprayed by accident, which will happen if you don’t cover it up.
- The Tan Towel method: take a tanning towel and press it against your leg, starting at your foot and moving upward to ensure even application of tanner to one area. Repeat with the other leg/arm/etc. Fold over the end of the towel that has been in contact with your skin so it doesn’t get on anything from which you cannot easily clean later (such as furniture or clothing). This won’t give you an even application, but it’s a great way to make sure you don’t miss a spot.
- Sit down somewhere comfortable where the solution can drip off of one side of your body or another – it’ll probably be messy no matter what, but this will make it easier. Put the leg you haven’t sprayed down and allow the solution to drip onto a non-tan area (again, this is for an even application; there’s no way to ensure that one side of your body won’t be darker than another if you miss parts of the skin).
- Reach into the spray tan can and press down on the top while holding it at arm’s length from your body, lean over slightly so the solution sprays downward toward an area you’ve missed or simply need more tanner in (such as your ankles or knees), and spritz away until the container has completely emptied itself.
- Allow 5-7 minutes to dry before dressing yourself in any clothing because it will probably get on your clothes otherwise (and nobody wants to be wearing tanner the whole day anyway).
- When you can, take a shower and wash off any remaining solution. Congratulations! You now have wonderful, golden skin for summer it is the best spray tan tips for pale skin.
- The Tan Applicator Method: There are also small mitts made specifically for self-tanners that allow you to apply lotion evenly without having too much product on the applicator itself. If you’re using something else to apply your tanner, ensure it’s completely covered in tanner so it’s easier to transfer onto the skin. Spread the solution around with this method instead of spraying it into one area because it gives an even application throughout all parts of your body.”
There are a few ways to avoid the most common mistakes made in spray tanning. I’ll give you some tips to avoid them.
- Don’t apply lotion or moisturizer the day before because it will come off when you shower and won’t allow enough time for them to sink into your skin.
- Make sure you exfoliate in places with rough areas, such as the elbows, knees, and ankles, to get rid of flakes so that they don’t show up after the spray application.
- Cover yourself with oil or lotion before spraying on a solution to help create an even application all over your body without missing any spots accidentally. This also helps keep your main clothing from being stained.
- Always wear panties, spandex shorts, or tight-fitting swimsuits to cover yourself because it’s easier to clean excess spray tanning solution off of these articles of clothing that are not your usual choice for daily wear after spraying your body with a lotion that you cannot rinse off later on.
- Clean up any spills immediately to prevent stains from forming.
- Once the solution has been applied, don’t scratch or itch your body because that can take off color and cause unevenness in the application all over your body.
- Don’t apply a second coat once you’re dry unless you’ve waited at least four hours before doing so because this could cause your skin to look orange.
- Don’t apply too much self-tanner all over your body, especially not in one area for more than a few seconds because it will begin to look darker and even come off if you rub it harshly (in the shower, for instance).
- 16 Best Tanning Lotions For Legs: Which One Is Best For You?
- 21 Best Tan Accelerator For Outdoor Tanning
- 14 Best Indoor Tanning Lotions For Fair Skin
Does spray tan work on pale skin?
Pale skin may be more susceptible to dark spots and unevenness, but tanning products can still help you get your summer glow. I’ll give you some of the best spray tan tips for pale skin.
- Moisturize regularly – every day is best – with a body lotion or cream such as Neutrogena Extra Dry Oil Lotion. Be sure not to use any other moisturizer the day before you want to spray on a new layer of tanner.
- Exfoliate: Be sure to do this on areas where there might be rough patches and areas that are hard to cover completely with just one layer of tanner (such as the elbows, knees, and ankles). Exfoliate to remove flakes of dry skin that might be visible on the tanner as well as better absorb the spray.
- Use a mitt: Try using a tanning mitt or something similar to cover your hands while applying self-tanner from head to toe with even application all over your body without missing any spots accidentally. This is much easier than trying to use a loofah or a regular towel because it won’t leave behind pieces of cloth stuck to your skin after you’ve sprayed yourself with a solution for pale skin which will make the glow look uneven.
4.”Pretty” anywhere else but your face or neck if you are pale. If you don’t have any time to tan your body, spray an area somewhere else so that you won’t look washed out next time you go out for drinks or on a date with someone special.
- Mix and match: There’s no need to buy two different brands of self-tanner to get the best results when one type will do just as well as another if it looks natural and causes disco-like orange disco ball effects all over your body after applying.
- Pat yourself dry: Once the solution has been applied, pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it harshly (in the shower) because this will let any excess solution drip off and cause unevenness which could result in dar. pale skin showing once spots spots
- Spray everywhere: Don’t just spray sparingly on your legs, arms, and chest if you’re wearing one of those body-hugging bikinis or spandex shorts that are very easy to clean up after – be sure to spray some tanning solution all over your entire body to get an even application of color all over without missing any spots (unless it’s the face) because this will make you look like a bronzed goddess walking around with her head held at least ten inches higher than everyone else who isn’t looking quite as well next time they go out for drinks or on a date with someone special.